Friday, April 27, 2007

Lesson 90: The eyes, 3/4 view, What nightmare is this?!???

Well, the eyes...... &^%$^#$!@#!@*$^@%$#$!!! Putting these fuckers on the head was a fucking nightmare. This is probably the first time I have actually been lost since I started these tutorials. Riven didn't explain any method for placing the eyes depending on the angle or any some such just suddenly there were eyes. I just couldn't figure where or how to place the damn eyeballs in the skulls eye sockets. After over a dozen failed attempts I followed Riven in the video and tried to put them exactly where he did. I figured out that he seemed to put the center of the eye halfway between the top of the nose hole and the beginning of the brow (sort of) it definitely wasn't a little above the centre line, it may have looked ok on the side and front view but in 3d it just looked squashed and shit. And even though I tried really hard to do the eyelids while keeping in mind they must be thought of carefully as 3d shapes it was hopeless unless I simply copied what Riven did. Breaking free of the front perspective when it came to drawing the lids was extremely hard and my study displays that quite evidently, its piss poor and I hate it. There is no way I can use it as a decent study really, These damn eyes should have had more than two lessons allocated to it, sure they went for 15mins each but these are the EYEs, y'know gateways to the soul! one of the most important sensory organs of our body! *sigh* oh well, I guess I have to work with what I got, much more practice is going to be in order for this one, brings back memories of the front view of the skull, practice, practice, practice, if only I didn't have so much damn uni work atm. You'll see what I mean about all the problems in it when you see the picture.....



No comments: