Saturday, April 21, 2007

Lesson 61-64: The radius and Ulna

Though these bones may seem innocuous and easy to follow they're on par with understanding the pelvis in my opinion. Drawing these things in the right fashion has been a hard slog. Since each bone is wider and shorter at different ends it has been hard to pin down in my mind where each goes, coupled with the fact that the buggers twist when you move your hand and such. The way it is set out is that the wider part of the radius attaches to the hand from the side where the thumb is, and the ulna is widest at the elbow end, I think. I have yet to find a simple method of remembering which goes where, I'm very pissed off with these bones, it has probably been the first time that I have actually had to guess where each bone goes and I'm not happy about it, since that leads to symbolism, errors, and reaching frustration levels, as Riven puts it. And I ain't having no frustration levels thankyou!




You'll notice that for the first time I am starting to pose with the arms (since we have enough bones now). This is very nice but I'm sort of itching to do some real posing with my figures without majorly fucking it up. There is nothing worse than toiling for an hour or two on a figure and realising at the end that it was a piece of rubbish. So i've refrained from jumping ahead of Riven's tutoring and followed his guidence fairly strictly, eventually figure drawing will come into it, hell, I still don't even have a full skeleton yet! Small steps Ferret, small steps.

No comments: