Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Welcome

Hello and welcome. My name is Simon aka "Ferret" and I have been an avid lover of various types of art for a long time. So much so I have always wanted to draw the things I see and imagine. The thing is I can't, and for many years have put off, or been unable to find a solid, basic footing so I can learn the basics and really draw without being frustrated or depressed. I'm sure many people know where I'm coming from, you see something on TV or in daily life and say to yourself "damn! that is so cool! I wish I could do that!".

It is only in recent years that I have realised that I CAN do amazing things, my esteem and ego has been hardened and tempered in recent years so that it is no longer a question of "if" and "maybe" I'll do something but more a "how" and "when".

This now brings me to the creation of this blog, it is called Discovering the Structure of Man because it is going to be focused on the blog www.the-structure-of-man.blogspot.com . The site offers detailed drawing tutorials on how to "draw the human figure from your mind", I'll admit I was skeptical and a bit sardonic after previous attempts led to me crashing and burning many years earlier but after a few hours of watching I became hooked. The idea of this blog was inspired by a forum of another person's journey from absolute beginner onwards and the startling progress he made.

It can be seen here ... Journey of an Absolute Rookie: Paintings and Sketches

This is not to say, I have become a fantastic artist or whatever, nor is it to stroke my ego or have it stroked, thats what "deviant art" is for :). It is simply to show my progress to anyone who is interested. And maybe this will inspire you and give you confidence to do something in your life that you feel passionate about. I will be posting photos of my sketches and will briefly comment and note where I am in the structure of man videos. I will post everything from the beginning but as I write this I am nearing lesson 90 of 227 so there is a backlog of sketches that I will post first. Wish me luck.....

No comments: