Thursday, April 19, 2007

Getting some answers. Lessons 4-7.

After the last couple of lessons I was sort of wondering what the hell was going on. Why did I make this "invention" as he puts it. With the next lessons I finally started to get those answers and my brain is kind of saying, OOOooooooo...k? The side view, rib cage and so on were starting to make a whole lot of sense with the 8 head formula. If I hadn't been astutely watching a video and reading a book I doubt this would have had the gravity needed to put these pointsacross properly and probably gone over my head as another gimmicky way to draw. Luckily it didn't :) And all the dots and measuring, dividing to get propotion? I "got" that too. It just made so much more sense to me when i could see it and hear it. The picture on the page and in my mind was created for me, not a "before" picture and "after" picture. My mind was almoist ready to scream stop though when it saw Riven trying to make me draw three dimensionally but I coped. Barely :) all in all this page got well loved and is a compilation of about 3-4 hours work at least, don't laugh now, with the rules and formulas I got in my head now I can reproduce these any time I like. I am the stick figure master.... oh yes, fear meee... :D

But seriously, this is where I really started to take Riven and these lessons to heart, my personal philosophy has always been "small steps" and this approach was definitely going to help me become a better drawer.

Note: Because I am MUCH further along than what is seen here, I will be posting two or three of these blogs a day with another picture, this will actually be good for everyone reading because you get to see my results sooner rather than later, but I just wanted to give you guys a heads up incase it seems funny I post so often and imporve so fast, In all honesty, each of the pictures posted are often drawn over 1-3 days on and off and over multiple lessons. As I get closer to where I truly am I will try to keep each lesson to one page where possible. Remember ppl, I started this ambitious little project on the 13th of Febuary 2007, that is a little over two months ago from this post. I am tempted to show you all where I am at ATM but that would just spoil the fun. I'll give you a hint though, I have finnished drawing the skeleton and am onto attaching the muscles to the skull now. So be sure to keep reading, theres alot more to come! ;)

No comments: