Thursday, April 19, 2007

Lesson 15-18 the 3/4 view of the skull

So now that I was starting to get the hang of drawing the side and front views, it was time to bring it all together and draw the 3/4 view proper, you may think that this is the hardest part but it was in fact the opposite, It came together much faster than I imagined. This was another of those eureka moments, after my first couple of 3/4 skulls I realised, "holy shit, I just drew this!", no reference, no copying, no one standing over my shoulder telling me where I went wrong, nothing, just the knowledge in my head, a pencil and a blank piece of paper. I know that I may be ranting about this and all but for someone that has hardly ever examined a skull, let alone drawn one, being able to reproduce one spontaneously is pretty groundbreaking stuff.



No comments: