Thursday, April 19, 2007

Lesson 25-29: The scapula, fitting it to the chest cavity.

So far my labours have been focused, passionate, but inevitably hard, until this point. The scapula, to put it simply, is a pleasure to draw. This is the first point during all this drawing that I slipped into drawing something purely for the pleasure of it. Its strange, there were many occasios that I just took up a pencil and started drawing the scapula, just for fun :) Riven makes mention that all these formulas take away all the guess work and "you can draw with bliss" as he puts it. So far this is the closest I have gotten to bliss since I started. Its sort of startling how these seemingly complex bone plates have wonderful symmetry and very artistic curves. I started noticing alot of people's scapulas too, mainly girls' though since their backs were exposed more often, and they're much prettier that guys ;). I did have one little hitch at the beginning when I was learning the shape of the scapula and that was which way the bottom of the scapula angled in, I kept mixing it up and doing it back to front but I got past that after a while by remembering the bottom of the scapula angles into the body when it gets to the bottom. Like I said before, a pleasure to draw :)







You'll notice a few lined pages here, they were sketches I did while I was in the lectures, uni can get boring sometimes.

No comments: